Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vacation, here we come! It's offcial, as of tonight, we are on vacation!! I have been looking forward to this since January! Tomorrow we head out and go to Matt's family's house for the weekend. And it worked out that I get to have lunch with two blogging buddies on Saturday! Woohoo! then at 4 AM on Monday morning, we head to New York. We're stopping for the day in Niagara Falls. I've been there too many times to count, but my fmaily has not. So we're going to do al lthe cool stuff there, including the Maid of Mist which my kids have nicknamed "The boat where you get wet". Then we head to my grandparents house way in the country. My Aunt and her family live right next door and my little cousins are just about Jonah's age. They have four wheelers and tractors and beebee guns....the kids are psyched. We're going to take day trips, hike up the Wiscoy falls to the dam, and other various things. My parents and siblings are going as well so it'll be a blast. Then we head home on Father's Day. I'm just looking so forward to a whole week, just away. Yee haw.

So I spent 4 hours cleaing our van today. Yuck. I even steam cleaned the carpets for pete sake. It's now sparkling clean, well not the outside yet. However, I am trying to analyze why exactly it took me that long. Well part of the problem was Sydney. Any time the car is open, she is in it. That makes cleaning it out a little more difficult. Add to this, that as I begin to clean out the van, a massive bulldozer pulls up right on my lawn!!!! Yes, today was the day they decided to re-run my gas lines. There were trenches and holes everywhere! I wanted to take a pic, but couldn't find the camera. Now you tell four children between the ages of 2 and 7 that they can't go near the bulldozer or the dirt or the 8 foot holes i nthe ground. Yeah right. Literally, they were working two feet from the porch. what a nightmare!! So eventually I had everyone come inside because I got tired of chasing Syd away from the scary bulldozer. Of course my entire house was shaking so it kind of felt like being in a washing machine.

Ok, can you tell I am tired? An entire paragraph of nothingness. Sorry! It's time for vacation!!!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

bummed that i will miss you! if you happen to stop by on your way back through, let me know!

We lived in Niagara NY for a year and i miss it sometimes... Beautiful area. we are yet to take Gen but i am sure whe will appreciate your kids' boat nickname, when that time comes :)

Cliff said...

I''d love to see the 'falls' sometime. You have a great trip planned. Hope you dad a good one.