Monday, June 26, 2006

Alright it's high time I wrote a real post :)

The last week has been spent in recovering from vacation, going through the mountain of mail, getting everyone back into the groove of a somewhat normal bedtime, Unloading the car and then dealing with the mountain of junk stacked in the living room, finding the garden and a million other little things.

The family is well. Jonah is back into the groove of little league. I'm not sure he really enjoys it although he plays well. He's thinking that he'd like to try soccer next year. He starts summer school two weeks from today which I still have mixed feelings about. I know it's the best thing for him academically. I just want him to have a fun summer too. Molli and Emma are counting down the days till school starts. Emma is becoming quite the swimmer, jumping off the side and going underwater. Doesn't sound too impressive but for a girl who would barely get her feet wet a few weeks ago, it's huge. And then there's Sydney....oh...my Sydney. She definitely keeps me on my toes. She is jumping in the pool as well, IN THE DEEP END! We had a few scary moments when she just ran and jumped into the pool and began to sink as she can't swim! Now she knows that she needs to put her tube on first. Then she's off to jump in! On Saturday night she hopped into Noah's power wheelchair and drove it into a brick wall, trapping her leg between the chair and the wall. She's so lucky that it didn't snap her leg in half! She's sporting a hefty bruise, but thank the Lord that's about it. It's never dull around here, that is for sure. As for little Thomas, he continues to get bigger (as do I!) The kids get so excited when they see my tummy move or feel his feet kicking. They've started asking when he's coming out....not soon enough I reply.

So that's how things are around this zoo....summer live on!

3 comments:

Misty said...

glad to see a post, despite my lack of consistant computer access these days, i have checked back faithfully...
very scary in re: to the scooter and the wall. i literally gasped...

Mrs. Hawk said...

Wow. Sydney-I bet she gives you a run for your money! :) I love how this is information was basically "A Day in the Life". I love it and don't know how you do it! You definitely have my respect and awe.

Felecia said...

Your little Sydney sounds an awful lot like my baby Noah... daring little darlings, aren't they?

Here's to the mom's of the world this summer - may we not forget to take our ulcer medication!