Thursday, December 10, 2009

Well I hoped for a white Christmas...little did I know what would come! Oh boy! We've been stranded since yesterday morning. Matt barely got out and went to work and I was a wreck all day worrying about him out on the roads. West Michigan basically shut down! The good news is that my sister and her husband made it from California!!! I cannot wait to spend the week with her, trade lots of pregnancy advice, lots of pics and hugs to last us till next summer!

We are FINALLY done with a three week stint of pink eye. My brother infected the kids and then it morphed into this whole eye infection thing. Jonah and Sydney had it the worst and missed three days of school!!! UGH. Thankfully we have crossed over to the land of white eyes again! This has been a rough fall of sickness.....yuck! Hopefully we are over it now.

I am getting bigger every day. Liam's kicks are getting stronger although the kids haven't been able to feel him yet. I keep promising them that he is there! The medication I am on for my diabetes seems to be working very well, although I'm tired of poking my finger 4 times a day. But, if it means that Liam will be born healthy, then it's worth it! I've gotten some gorgeous outfits as gifts from my friends and we've chosen the one big purchase we are making for this baby....a travel system! I've never had one, always had younger kids that needed to be contained. But now that everyone is older, I'm thinking the stroller/car combo would be awesome! After the holidays, we'll begin buying diapers and stocking up :)

Christmas is right around the corner and I'm cautiously getting excited. This year will be very different and I don't usually do well when my traditions are messed with. But my dad has to work all day Christmas day so some changes are needed. One of the things I am excited about is that we are going to the nursing home my aunt works at and doing a Christmas program for the residents. Jonah and Matt are going to play their trombones, the girls are going to read scripture, and we're going to sing Christmas carols. I think it will be so great for the kids to realize that Christmas is about more than just our little family bubble!

Well it's time to turn up the heat again...brrr!!!

No comments: