Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I won't bother apologizing for my lack of blogging. Life is moving on, some days faster than others, truth be told. It's hard to imagine that Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow and that in 6 days we'll know what we are having. Most people think we're having a boy, but we'll see next week. I'm anxious to put a gender to this baby and therefore, a name. We have names picked out but we'll reveal those next week when we know for sure who this is. I'm feeling pretty well, I'm starting to show in earnest now. I've felt the first small stirrings down there and Matt felt him moving for the first time last night. I'm starting to get excited about having a new little one!

This week is insanely busy here. Friday night I am going to see New Moon with my mom. Just writing that sentence makes me laugh out loud. She scoffed at Twilight for the longest time and is now obsessed with Edward (not too tough!) So we will join the throngs of women who will flock on opening night to see the next chapter. *happy sigh* Then I leave early Saturday morning for an all day shopping trip with my ladies group from church. We're headed to Grand Rapids to shop all day. I'm so excited about it! Then, Sunday afternoon, the Waltons are headed to Lansing to see The Christmas Carol in the IMAX. So a very full weekend. But exciting!

Other exciting news, my sister is coming home! We weren't sure that we would get to see her at all before she wasn't allowed to fly. But they found some time to come and that means we get to have a baby shower! I'm so thrilled to celebrate with her on the birth of her first baby. It's so cool when your siblings get to experience the thrill of pregnancy and becoming parents. I have big plans for the shower and can't wait to just sit and talk with her in the same room!! The only downside about this pregnancy is that I won't be able to travel to see her and the baby till much later. We are due only weeks apart from each other. :( But hopefully we'll be able to be together soon after that so I can meet my nephew!

Well I need to make shopping lists for Thanksgiving and get something productive done today :)

No comments: