Sunday, October 28, 2007

FINALLY!!!! I can finally blog about this...I have been waiting and waiting, dying to share with all of you. And now, I finally can. Ok, how many of you still think I'm pregnant?!??!

Last night I threw my mom a surprise party for her 50th birthday. I started planning this back in the beginning of August. I wrote to her friends from all over and some of them traveled long distances to be here. I plotted and planned. I snuck into her house while she was a t work and spirited away pictures for a video. I e-mailed and made invitations. It was so much fun. There were a couple of times I was pretty sure she was onto me. Then came yesterday. I had asked if my brother Noah could come and spend the night with us on Friday night. Mom readily agreed (we do that a lot anyway). So Saturday morning, my sister showed up and we went and got all the food while my other brother Josh babysat the troops. We had it at our church so we got all set up. There's a business across the street from our church that gave us permission to park all the cars there. The guests were all there and we were waiting. At 4, my dad's friend Jimmy called him on his cell phone and told him that he was at the church and the boiler had exploded and we needed as many people here as possible. So Dad somehow got Mom into the car (she was SOO mad at having to go to church!) and got her to the church. They walked into the dark fellowship hall where the lights went on and 60+ people screamed, "Suprise!!!" She almost fainted! She had NO idea!!! She was so surprised...I can't believe we pulled it off!! It was so great. We all laughed and ate. It was such a wonderful time to celebrate the wonderful woman that I am privledged to call my mom. An event planner, I am not. This much was made clear to me. But I had such a blast with this. I'm going to try and post the video that I made for her party. It was great!

1 comment:

Misty said...

You are such a great daughter! What a wonderful party! i love it!!!! my mom is NOT a party girl, so that would never fly with her. I will live vicariously through your celebratory tales! :)

good job though, you crafty girl. pulling off a surprise of this caliber is no easy feet.