Friday, October 19, 2007

Time for a real post...enough with the pictures already :)

Things seems very busy here, although I'm not sure why. Sydney is loving preschool and I love that she loves it. It chops my days up more than they already are, but what can you do? She goes at 8:15 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so I put Jonah and Molli on the bus at 7:40, get everyone else ready, take Syd to school, go back to pick her up at 10:15, rush home to get Emma on the bus at 11:15....by lunch time, I am ready for a nap! That all sounded like I was complaining, I'm not really. I love the preschool, it's less than 1/8 of a mile down the road, and it gives Sydney the social outlet we were looking for. Jonah survived the MEAP test, thanks to all of you who were praying for him on that one. He seems unscathed so we'll breathe easy now till 5th grade! He decided to give up three lunch recesses a week to join the third grade choir. I was shocked at first although I'm beginning to sense that perhaps it's a girl...but he seems to enjoy it. Molli is auditioning for Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat next week. I've tried to prepare her for the possibility that they may not choose her. She says, it doesn't matter. We'll see :) Emma is kicking butt in kindergarten, or as much as you can kick butt in kindergarten. She comes home almost every day telling me it was a "fantabulous" day. And my Thomas man...oh Thomas. He brings a smile to my face, always. Even when he's in trouble. The other day he climbed onto and fell off of the couch twice, fell off of the coffee table, fell off his window perch and fell down three stairs.....all in the span of 10 minutes!!! My hair is getting grayer by the day. We have the living room completely sealed off with baby gates and the stairs are supposed to be, however, I do forget from time to time and off he goes in a flash. He LOVES to play in the girl's room with them...they are slightly less enthusiastic about it :) He's not walking yet, not because he cannot. He puts his arms in the air and yells and all his siblings come running. Ah, the little prince. At this rate, he'll be crawling into kindergarten. But I find myself somewhat glad that he's not rushing into it. Since he is most likely my last, I'm glad he's staying in the baby stage a little longer!

It can't possibly be that Christmas is around the corner and snow will soon fly. We are having a hay day with all the leaves in our new yard...well let me clarify that. The kids are having a hay day, I am developing arthritis from all the raking!! But we are in full fall mode having completed the annual trip to the pumpkin patch and gathering items for Halloween costumes. and now I'm off to make hot cocoa and apple crisp...ahhhhh...fall!

No comments: