Thursday, September 27, 2007

Golly, where has this month gone?? I looked at the date on my last post and gasped....time flies!

Not much going on in the Kurtz home. I leave early tomorrow morning for an all weekend Women's Retreat. I am so excited about this...it promises to be an amazing time of reconnection with our great God. I return on Sunday morning in time to run the media for church and then, immediately after church is over, we leave to head up to Mackinaw for four days. Matt has the week off and so we are out of here. The forecast looks awful,but we are determined to have a fabulous time, despite it :) I'm sure there will be a plethora of pictures once we return home.

The kids are progressing in school. I volunteered to be a "room parent" for the kid's school parties. This new school district is extremely different than the other we had been in. It's much more upscale and trendy. So I'm struggling with finding my place in the world of trendy mom with their snazzy SUV's and perfectly groomed children :) No offense to anyone who washes their children or drives an SUV :)

Well time for the bus to arrive....more updates soon.

3 comments:

True_Floridian Momma said...

I laughed hysterically at the "trendy moms who wash their kids and drive an SUV" TOO FUNNY lady!!

Have a wonderful retreat and a great family getaway, can't wait for the picture show when you return

kelli said...

4:30am??? Please tell me the bus doesn't come that early!

No clean kids or SUV for me. Well, Tony drives one. But it doesn't count...it's HIS car!

Misty said...

This post made me laugh... and i completely understand the "finding my place" statement... Just because they clean their kids does not mean they are as attentive a mom as you are. More kids today, then ever, are neglected and left to be monitored by video games and telivision...
(I know you weren't looking for reassurance, but I had to say it!)

How was your retreat? The church I am attending this weekend had a retreat on friendship, for women, this weekend too... I didn't go, but am hoping to get a crash course from my girlfriend who went!