Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I didn't expect my post for today to be so raw....but it is....

Last night, our dog Bo was hit and killed by a car. We are simply devastated by the loss. My kids are broken hearted. It was a very tough night and morning for us. Sydney and Thomas didn't wake up last night so I had to tell them this morning which brought on a whole new wave of sadness and tears. Emma climbed into bed with me this morning, started crying and said, "Mama, I was just talking to God and I told Him that I will miss Bo so much but I will always have my memories of him in my heart." She is taking it the worst I think, she has such a sensitive heart towards animals, our pets in particular. It's interesting to watch the kids grieve, they all do it so differently. A pet's death, while never easy, somehow teaches us about death. Life is not certain, never guaranteed. We are going to bury him in the backyard this afternoon when the kids get home. So he'll always be close by.



Rest in peace our Bobo...we love you and will miss you much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am crying for your family!!! I cannot imagine :( We had to put our dog down a few years ago and that was hard enough, I cannot imagine something so sudden. HUGS to all of you from me.

Katie said...

So sorry to hear this. How is everyone doing?
What a tough thing for a family to go through. At least you all have each other.