Tuesday, August 21, 2007




I remember when we were attending Jonah's school concert and the fifth graders did a set from a movie called "High School Musical". I remember thinking, "Gag me, another lame Disney original movie!" But then it was all the hype so we rented it and watched it. And I was vindicated, "Totally lame", I thought to myself. But then I watched it again, and again, and again (Thanh you Noah!!!) ANd not only did I love it, but my children and my parents as well!! So when we heard there was a second one...we were geeked! We counted down the days and planned a "HSM 2" party. It was a blast. And now we've watched it at least a dozen times and I love it more every time. Now, don't get me wrong....Lord of the Rings it is NOT..but there's just something about it. And I can't tell you what that thing is....but I just love these movies!

3 comments:

Mrs. Hawk said...

This is so dumb, but I had to ask someone if this was a movie or a TV series! Ha :)

kelli said...

I will start with this first...I totally disagree with you on how good the second one was, neither me, nor my kids liked it. I would watch the first one again long before I would watch this one...but that's just me.

However, what "it" is for me is the innocence of the show. Even though there is a touch more kissing in this one, the girls wear one piece bathing suits, the boys speak highly of the girls and the songs and dialogue are clean. It's so hard to find that in kids tv/movies nowadays. That's what I do like about it and I feel that if kids are going to obsess about somehting, I'm glad it's something like High School Musical.

True_Floridian Momma said...

I just saw it the other day. I started it half way in, because it was on cable, but it looked cute