Sunday, June 17, 2007

Thanks be, we 're back. After many tears, despreation, and begging, we have cable internet. It would have been helpful if they had told me that it was available TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!!! *deep breath* but all is well that ends well...

It has been really hot here so we've been swimming a lot. The kids are already brown as can be. Sydney is almost ready to get rid of her tube and swim for real..a few more weeks and she'll become a fish like her siblings. Thomas has made his debut into the pool. We got him a floater things and he bops around in it. He thinks it's fabulous...I'll post pics soon. We are all settled into the new house and have finished most of the major projects. So this week I decided to work on some of the gardens around the house. Right outside the front door is a huge flower bed that was mostly full of Lily of the Valley. I like LOV, but I decided this bed would be beautiful full of other perineals. So I decided to pull out all the LOV. YEAH RIGHT! There were millions of them!!! It took me two hours to just get the leaves out! Then I tried to put a shovel in and turn over the soil. I couldn't even get the pointy end of the shovel into the dirt!!!! It turns out that LOV roots are like cement. Luckily, my girlfriend owns a garden Claw. Even with that, it took 4 hours, 6 blisters and 2 garden refuse bags to get all the roots out! And then, I really could get ALL of them. I have a feeling that I will be fighting with the LOV for a while. In the back I moved some rocks and hostas that my children were trampling and that looks nice. Matt made the comment that I am much more motivated to do things with the yard here than I was at the rental house. I guess it just means more that it's mine. Does that seem silly?? We've moved the trampoline from Mom's house and it's all set up. The kids are thrilled. Papa and GG gave us a great surprise of buying the kids a swingset that will be here next week. OUr yard is starting to look like a theme park, not that I'm complaining!

I'm working on a slide show of pics and video of the move and some recent pics. Stay tuned for those!!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

I am so glad you will get to be "in touch with the world"! Can you imagine, a decade ago most people didn't have internet OR cell phones. Yikes...

We too have lived in the pool...

Are you all settled in your house?