Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Well well....what to write about?

I hope all of your Thanksgivings were wonderful. We had a rather stress filled day. It started when my dad was talking to my brother who is serving in Iraq. They were chatting via instant messenger and Tigger told him that he was being sent into Baghdad for a few weeks. If you'll remember this was the day that so many people died in that city. So that was very rough for us emotionally. Then Sydney proceeded to spray lens cleaner all over my father's new laptop computer. Major stress....thankfully, it was easily taken care of. Not to mention the fact that Grandpa wasn't there. It was odd, I expected to walk into the other room and see him watching football with my dad, or walk into the kitchen and see him poring over the turkey. Everything just seemed slightly off. I've spent nearly every Thanksgiving since I can remember with him. It certainly made the day a little tougher. That night we watched the video from his funeral. It brought many a tear and a few smiles. Man, I miss him!

On to happier things, this weekend is fun filled. My cousin Holly is flying in and we are going to get my mom and dad's big tree and put it up. Molli's birthday is this weekend as well which just gives us an excuse to eat cake :) Then on Sunday we are dedicating Thomas at church. I'm so excited about this, he'll be so surrounded by family who love him and will help him grow in the Lord. Plus my Aunt Carol is letting me use the christening gown that my Uncle Tommy wore...another Thomas Michael. That is so special to me. I'll be sure to take pictures of that great day.

Alright well Laundry beckons...till then.....

1 comment:

Misty said...

glad you updated...
am assuming you heard from your brother and things are alright.

I am sorry your thanksgiving felt emptier, but I understand. There were many times, this holiday season, when the ache for my mom and grandma have been great. With so many beautiful things to look forward to, I imagine it all feels quite bittersweet.

Enjoy your cake :) Can't wait for pictures.