Wednesday, June 02, 2010

What a day.....

I was up and moving early as I had to be at my mom's house by 7:45 this morning. The kids get on the bus at 7:40 so I was headed out at the same time as them. A HUGE lightning clap hit somewhere VERY close to our house and we all screamed and jumped. I've never heard anything like that! Then we started running late...Emma couldn't find socks, Jonah couldn't find his backpack...so I am hurrying everyone along and telling the kids to jump in the van and I would let them wait in the van at the end of the driveway as it was now raining. As I re-entered the kitchen, Molli said, " Mom, I smell smoke." I quickly told her it was nothing. I bent over to pick up Liam's carseat and saw smoke rising from the floor. I ran down to the basement and saw flames coming out of the dryer hose. I screamed for the kids to bring me water. Jonah remembered that there was an old fire extinguisher upstairs in the girl's closet so he ran to get it. He handed it to me and I couldn't get the pin out. So I yelled for more water. The water wasn't helping so I panicked thinking I should get the kids out and call 911. But then I thought, by the time they get here, the whole house would be on fire. I tried one more time to get the pin out and it came out! I quickly used it to put the growing fire out. Then I climbed up the stairs and crushed all the kids to me. This was a miracle day...

1. If we had been on time, I would have been out of the house before we smelled the smoke. I was planning on being gone all day so we would have lost the house.

2. We didn't buy that fire extinguisher. It was here when we moved in. And I didn't even remember it was there...Jonah did.

3. The kids and I were calm. And knowing some of my children, this is indeed miraculous!

God's hand was all over this today. His mercy and protection flowed here. I know He was here this morning, providing peace and wisdom. He is great and worthy to be praised!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Hawk said...

Praise God! What a scary situation!!! Way to stay calm. It's amazing how that happens, isn't it? I think that I'd be freaking out!